Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

20.11.12 IWAKL Deepavali Lunch

Laura and Me
Conversation between Laura (from Chicago) and me.

 Laura: (lamenting)....My 13 daughter makes me feel so old!!!
Me: (nonchalantly ) My daughter is 26.
Laura: (incredulously) YOU HAVE A 26 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER?????
                                  How old did you have her then?
Me: (dropping another bombshell)  31...
Laura: (puzzledly) You had her at 31????? Then how old are you now????
Me: (wickedly) You do the Math.
Laura: I'M DOING!!!! I"M DOING!!!!
Laura: Did you have Botox or something? NO? collagen injection? No? A Facelift perhaps???



Have not been attending much of IWAKL (International Women's Club, Kuala Lumpur) activities, but since it is the holidays, I managed to attend the Deepavali lunch held at Trishna, Istana Hotel.


 Authentic North Indian Cuising at Trishna

 Lynn, who will be leaving for Seoul soon.
 cosy and nice place
 Daphne,(Malysia) Fatima,(Malaysia) Clare (?) Laura (Chicago)and me
 food was not ready so I took the names of the food we will be having
 plain rice, fish masala
 Bagan aloo, tadka dahl
 kadai chicken, saag paneer(frankly, I do not know what these are!!)
 roti naan, tandoori roti, tawa roti, gulab jamun


 these are served at each table

 fish


Note to self: Next Deepavali, remember to beg borrow or steal a sari or punjabi suit or kurta
  Laura took the trouble to dress up and she got her punjabi suit from Little India, complete with bangles and a bindi on her forehead.
 food!!! roti nan and gulab jamun(dessert)



 my serving, food at Dr. Kannan's was better..
 coffee and gulab jamun (almost finished)
group shot
next outing: Christmas Lunch.





11:30pm until 3:00am

Get together to celebrate with IWAKL friends the triumph of light over darkness and good over evil.

Great chance to learn about this tradition from your IWAKL friends.

No comments: