Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lunch at Carcosa

My children have done me and my husband proud! Not only have they passed their exams, they also did quite well. So to reward my daughter, who has taken and passed many papers and is now closer to her goal, I gave her a treat: lunch at Seri Carcosa.

This if from the girl who has sat for 2 out of five papers.....she studies hard
This is from the boy who studies hard.....ly

Carcosa Seri Negara will be closing on 26 December 2009, because its present lease has ended.

you can stay here.....for RM1000......starting rates!

used to be the official residence of the British Resident or High Commissioner

romantic and whimsical Carcosa by night...harks back to the colonial days

presidential (or residential) suite, anyone? you can only book up to the 20th

you can imagine white ladies with wide brimmed hats served by local waiters here

or white (procelain china white) Malaysian pseudo chinese girl (no wide brimmed hat but wind blown hair, Levi's and spaghetti strapped tank top Tee)..she just finished another Paper and is famished!

never knowing what is colonialism, she is a BANANA in almond shaped doe eyed glory

er, both of us have shiny beacon faces cuz we lost each other while waiting for each other at Lake Club

I chose this corner for its English manor looking walls

My appetiser: smoked ocean trout tartar with quail egg, horseradish cream and toasted bread..very yummy

her starter: mediterranean fish soup with green shelled mussel, king prawn and potato..yummy,yummy.mmmmmmm

main course: pan fried cod fillet with parsley butter, caatalonian ratatouille and potato

close up of the dish......(french cuisine)

mine: veal dumpling served in butter monte, young vegetables, fried capers and mashed potato

a trip to the ladies revealed trimmings in 'gold'...but, leaky taps!

tea and coffee to round up the meal: no free flow of cream and sugar! After he had gone, she found that she did not have enough sugar and cream in her tea!!!

fresh flowers for every table



photo taking time around the place





I was told lunch time is over, now is tea time: you can have tea on the verandah like this, in the drawing room and on the lawn



I met Wai Loon under the grand staircase...there was a society event going on

he's back from Perth and is on assignment
for this snooty event.."where prestigious brands meet high society"
the event was held at the balcony, when we went out for more photos

my zoom is fantastic right?......8 times optical zoom

to show you how much I zoomed!
more high society ladies getting their pics taken


so nice....reminds me of a wedding of my niece in Singapore at Alkaff Mansion

on the way to my car, I saw this off the beaten path...reminds me of "the road not taken", which I loved as a little girl, before it became hackneyed to death by school boys (and girls) taking it for school literature. (the poem, not the path).

No comments: