Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shoes with a Crocodile Mouth

One day I was with my class of 4P at the terrace watching a ballgame. I caught a sight of one of the boy's shoes....it had a gaping hole right at the tip where the toes are and another hole at the heel.
The other boy's shoe was worse...it had what my neighbour in my kampung will call a crocodile mouth......
but....he still wears it to school, because it is near the end of the year, so it won't do to get a new pair...
so the next day I rummaged through my shoe cupboard and found these perfectly wearable pairs of white shoes and brought them for these boys.
Do you know what? They did not want it!!!! Said that the shoes had to be all canvass, otherwise the HEM will go after them! They did not take it.



They were at the back of my car for a long time. Then one day Nazri helped me to carry some stuff to my car, and I gave the shoes to them. He was very happy, even if he could not use them for school, he gave them to his brother.



These are some of my 4P boys.....so happy to use my lappie...talked in Tamil so much, when I got home, my screen was all covered with droplets of saliva.EWWWWW! I had to clean it. The next week, they purposely came to school for lesson, (end of the year attendance was bad)because they want me to bring the laptop again!





No comments: