Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Agama Islam and Hinduism

During the "Religious Emphasis" Week, the Agama boys had their sessions at the terrace.  Here Ustaz is bringing them to Dewan Kuliah or Lecture Theatre.

Then I went to seek out the Hindus who had their talk at the T Mori Block.


Finally, I went back to the Wesley Church again as it had a good air conditioning system.

Tomorrow I will sit in at the Buddhist talk.  Being neither a Christian nor a Buddhist, I have the choice of either going to Wesley Church or the hall for the Buddhism exposure.
Don't you just love the stained glass louvred windows? It reminded me of my girlhood days at the chapel in Convent Batu Pahat. To a little girl like me back then it was the next best thing to being at a cathedral : the strains of the organ (enhanced by the acoustics of the church), the huge crucifix that had a figure of Christ and the sight of nuns in their habits left an indelible impression on me. On Fridays a priest actually came to perform Mass with altar boys in attendance (dressed in robes and swinging pots of incense)

No comments: