Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Religious Emphasis Week

In the week leading up to the Good Friday holiday, we have "religious emphasis week" peculiar perhaps to MBS only.  Christian, Hindu, Buddhist and Islamic students all go to their respective venue for a talk by invited speakers for the first period, known weekly as "Chapel period", but for this week, it is held everyday.


Pn Gladys, the new English teacher walks to the church (Wesley)

The first time I came here was because of Miss Moey, she insisted all teachers should join students for the Chapel Period during Religious Week.  Before that (during the previous headmaster's time) we had free preiods every day!!

I remembered I was in awe of the boy (quite a naughty one) conducting and leading the congregation with his singing, accompanied by another boy strumming the guitar! That was 4 or 5 years ago.
I am quite taken aback at boys who are so unruly in class sitting obediently at the pews!
Not since my Convent days in Batu Pahat had I seen a period devoted to worshipping.  Quite fantastic that MBS has its own resident church for devotion.
I popped into the hall where the Buddhist talk was held.  A movie, 2012 was in progress.

The other pictures failed to upload: the Hindu and Islam students....tomorrow I'll try again!

2 comments:

Sue Lin said...

Why is 2012 played fort he Buddhist talk??

MK Loo said...

yes...i think they could not invite a speaker in time for the weekm so they showed a movie. Last time when I joined their session, they showed Puff Adams.