Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lisa and Anuar's Wedding in Malacca

I had my teaching practice in Malacca and stayed in Uncle Francis and Aunt Janet's house.  James, Lisa and Joanne were kids!!!!

Joanne (still a baby!) James and Lisa as they were when I stayed at their house....I can remember Joanne going.."Piu chier...piu chier..."(cousin sister)cheekily, while Lisa will go "Piu Chier,.....piu chier" huskily and all low!!! 


Me and my four teaching practice mates in ACS (Anglo Chinese School) now known nationwide as Methodist Boys School

Gosh! all those years ago, trying to look like a teacher with my ABM (Alat Bantu Mengajar) Teaching Aids.


Card from my teaching partner, Seetha.  Wonder where is she now?
One of my very first students! I was then "Miss Low"!!!
my  student who is the "grandfather" of all you students!!

Lisa is now the bride
her sister Joanne, the baby in the picture
My cousin James and me
so happy she has found her partner in life



Hand written seating arrangements by Aunt Janet, mother of the bride, she disdains the use of computer printouts!

well attended by family and friends

A wedding is a good excuse for a holiday and a family getogether!!!
Our family who came to celebrate with her.
Family Outing for Sue, she is leaving for Melbourne soon

I love this picture taken by my husband on his handphone because of the bubbles in the background that created a magical effect! 



the most delicious and smooth chocolates


 
                                             I made her bunga telur into my dining table centrepiece



And finally, we cannot get an invitation to the Academy Awards, so we created our own red carpet runway!!
Bye!!!  Whose wedding is next?????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...re ACS Malacca, you kept the pictures after all these years? That's some 33 years by my count!! Why? Did you know that these were reproduced in a special edition magazine, in honour of the 100th year of ACS Malacca recently? Page 68!

PS Nice reading your blogs!

MK Loo said...

Dear anonymous
You are......? Would like to get to know you.... A link to my Acs past ...... I keep all my pics ... In fact I found some more class photos of Acs boys that I taught .... Which would have been better to be published in the mag... Do you know where I can get the mag... My e mail is keunlu@yahoo.com
Btw I was the one who sent the photos

SLLee said...

Dear Miss Low (Mrs Tay),

First and foremost, please excuse the lack of manners. Should have the decency to introduce myself. I was one of your very first students, and yes, I am that 'grandfather' you described...whatever it was supposed to mean. Highly amusing. :)

It is very nice and cute of you to keep the photo after all these years. (I would have slung it out donkey years ago, but then you're not me). My ex-classmate scanned and uploaded it to Facebook. Gobsmacked, and somewhat embarrassed, I must say, on my part! :)

Wish I have a copy of the magazine. I'm not based in Malaysia, but will try to get one of the boys to secure a copy for you (now that we have formed a closed group in Facebook).

Truly, it's surprisingly good and refreshing to be reacquainted with you again. Never expected this little turn of events. I shall try to drop you a line or two when I'm back at my normal base this weekend.

Oh...I'll be in Malacca in Jun/Jul. Will be an honour if I can have the pleasure to treat you to a meal, or at the very least, a Starbucks! :)

Catch up with you soon. And take care.

Soon Lim

MK Loo said...

omg OMG!!! The wonders of internet! Just like that,we rekindle ties! I was chuckling to myself and my colleagues were afraid I had gone cuckoo.
Actually, Soon Lim, I do not really recall you or any of the boys that I "taught": the teaching stint was too short, and I was very sad Jaib Singh took away my last day to teach you all when I wanted to say goodbye and have a farewell party!!!
If not for that photo I would not remember a "Soon Lim"!!!

SLLee said...

Yes, Jaib Singh was a popular teacher! Loved his History lessons. Bored....waiting for my flight. Will write more.