Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Feel Good Chick Flick

I may be late viewing this movie, but it was shown last night on HBO and my family made it a point to catch it as a family affair.  Amanda, the lead was deliciously pretty with her cute figure, and her love interest, well, he was quite a hunk too.
The ending was a bit like soppy Chinese soap operas, but WTH , it was a FEEL GOOD Chick Lit Flick!


Christopher Egan and Amanda



Franco Nero as Lorenzo, and Vanessa Redgrave as Lorenzo's love when they were 15 years old

I may sound old, but Franco Nero and Vanessa Redgrave are no strangers to me.  I have read up a lot about them in the monthly movie magazines I bought: MOVIE NEWS, and though I did not manage to catch their movies, (my hometown was very small and many movies did not make their run there, and it was not the age of internet yet) I knew all about them!

"Franco Nero (born 23 November 1941) is an Italian actor known for movies such as 'Django' and 'Camelot. He married actress Vanessa Redgrave in 2006."


Franco Nero was quite a heart breaker in his younger days

Vanessa was HOT too!

But one thing is sure: the setting of the movie Verona is now a must-go on our holdiay list!!!!!

 Juliet's Balcony!
Cobbled and paved courtyard where youngsters "lepakked"!


And the car used in the movie to look for Lorenzo?  A black LANCIA DELTA!

2 comments:

filah_ismail said...

I just watched this last nite.. the ending is kinda expected already.. feels bad for Victor.. he's a good responsible man, very passionate and hardworking in doing his business.. the only mistake he's done was to neglect his fiance during their trip.. can't blame him either since that trip is suppose to be a business trip.. and he's about to start a business.. definitely there are tons of things to be done..:)

MK Loo said...

Ya,you may be right, but the diehard romantic in us actually wanted "Juliet" to break up with him so that she could hook up with the new boy!!!