Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My School Canteen

Today I will show you my school canteen. It is beautifully done up with table cloth, covered chairs ala hotel conference or ballroom, and a scalloped table-topped serving table laden with food in chafing dishes.

nice or not?
Two seaters by the window with stadium view
Like a restaurant diner

this is early morning before the onslaught of hungry teachers

where the food will be served

soon, hot spciy food will arriive............
endless array of Malay food, for breakfast and lunch

assam fish
selection of kueh, mee, kueh teow and mee hoon goreng

lemak fish in coconut

chicken
teachers will come after assembly
besides rice, there is also  curry mee or laksa or mee hoon soup



my breakfast from the roti canai man: today I got twin yolks in telur mata kerbau
my lunch: rice with long beans in creamy golden pumpkin sauce, I have gone off chicken

My usual drink: Nescafe Tak Kacau or Nescafe Biasa or Nescafe Luar Biasa!!!
I ask them not to stir (Jangan Kacau) because of the fantastic amount of condensed milk they put in the Nescafe!

2 comments:

Sue Lin said...

I miss all the Malay food!

MK Loo said...

At first, I loved it. Then everyday the same, now I got cough that never seems to go away...all those chilli and spices..so nice but so lethal...