Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Last Writing Win as a Teacher

I won the FIRST prize (JOHAN) 
in this year's Teacher's Day
Writing Competition organised by JPWP
(Jabatan Pendidikan Wilayah Persekutuan
or 
Education Department, Federal Territory)
and it is to be my last.
The prize was a plaque,cash, BSN bond and a certificate
 This year's prize giving ceremony and teacher's day celebration at national level is well organised.
The venue was a spanking new hotel, Vivatel at Viva Home in Cheras
which suited me fine as I am a Cheras girl/old woman.
I could even send my daughter to school first and then attend the ceremony..
Receiving my prise from Datuk Seri Syed Alhabshee, the Chairman of YPC (Yayasan Pendidikan Cheras)
see also my previous win here:
http://iamyourgurupntay.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-received-prize-at-teachers-day.html


 After the ceremony we must take picture on stage with the backdrop....

 well, since everybody else gets the same idea, we did the next best thing: stand below the stage
 see: I am so happy: my last win is a "JOHAN" and I have a proper prize giving ceremony.



 My comments on Facebook when I shared my picture....
this is is the student's plaque
 we were treated to a proper lunch..unlike last year which was a packed lunch in a styrofoam box!!!!
the venue
the menu
 the food is already inside this huge food warmer
 for starter:  soup
 Vegetable with beancurd soup
 the cover is removed and voila! the goodies
 ayam masak merah or red/tomato chicken
 Masak Lemak Ikan Masin or braised salted fish with tumeric pineapple and coconut milk
 sambal aneka : wok fried beancurd, dried soya bean,potato, anchovies with chili and shrimp paste
 Pajeri terung: braised eggplant with curry and spice, served with fragrant steamed pandan leaf rice
 the girls/winners from my daughter's school, and her classmate
(not in order: Lee Shum Mei :Kerana Cikgu, 3rd prize,..Malay Category, Upper Secondary
Oh Eik Lin Thank You Teacher: 2nd English Category, Upper Secondary
 Kuek Jing Rou The Apple of my Eyes First English, Lower Secondary and
Shimal ap Jaykant Together Forever and Forever As One : 3rd, English, Lower Secondary.
 their English teacher who accompanied them, she encouraged them to submit their entries
 with Mrs Yeo and their headmistress
 and  me...

this is the third prize winner in the teacher's category for English.....
Puan Shiela S Seenivasan


And I met my old, old friend from my Cheras Road School Days...
Puan Neseem binti Zaman, 
she is now JPWLKL as SPS (?)

Bye! I have won for 7 years and I think I will call it a day!


No comments: