Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

10 June 2010 "D and C" (Dust and Clean)

After my visit to Dr KK W, he admitted me to a private hospital for a polypectomy to remove one polyp. It was also like a "D and C" and my line-dance friend, a retired nurse, told me I was going for a "dust and clean" on my insides!
at the foyer
registration deposit is only RM300, compared to another private hospital's RM8,000

Son brought me there, good thing, too, a relative past 21 years had to be my co-signee, so he was just fine!

After registering had to wait a long time to get my room, so started taking pictures



Poor son had an exam coming up next week
He studied with music on his ears to shut out what he called "white noise"...while I went to have my blood sample taken
then we got transferred to the waiting lounge
I had just started to go through the magazines when my name was called for transfer to my room

I chose a four-bedded one. I was given an enema (the nurse did a "Syaiful" on me!!) and she told me to wait for 5 minutes to let the laxative take effect.  At the bathroom door she told me "Hold it in for 2 more minutes, then when you feel the urge, let it all go!"  Ha ha! (now I can laugh, but at that time I was annoyed)



toiletry kit that came with the room
to add to my own that I packed
more waiting for the operating theatre to be ready

till he fell asleep
I was all ready, but there was an emergency case where a little girl had a perforated appendix, so my 4.30 appointment became 6 pm, I did not mind, mine was a straightforward, simple op, a routine D&C
so exhausting for him

then he went for lunch at Fig Cafe, I had to conitnue fasting.
then my bed was wheeled into the ot.


At the waiting room next to all the ots, a child was crying, and I told the nurse, I felt like wailing too, if only I was allowed to! "Cannot, you are an adult, you cannot cry!" she admonished me! Before I knew it it was all over!
here, I am back! Doc woke me up, everything was over!
I still had my hospital gown on and blankets to cover me warmly!

I can remember my last D and C at University Hospital to terminate the remnants of my failed pregnancy...I woke up by myself to find me all alone at the recovery room, without a stitch of clothing save for a thin flimsy piece of cloth on me in an empty corridor, wondering whether I was dead or alive, in heaven or in hell!!! I had never felt so neglected, so unloved and unwanted, like my life had no value!

 That was a contrast to this private hospital where I am now surrounded by so many people: nurses and staff who hovered around me.


Bounced back already! Spunky old woman, right?
Hospital food!
It may look unappetising to you, but to me it was my breaking of  fast!
Boss came after he closed his office, past 9.30 p.m.  That was my daughter from Sydney on the phone.
As a treat for being such a good girl, he bought me tiramisu and long black from a Cafe.


Even though it was late, B brought my niece and nephew to visit me.

Dr Bius(that's how the Malays call the anaesthetic doctor) did this to me
This reminds me of the tag on my baby's little ankle when she was born!


Bye! The next time, should you have an operation, I hope it will be a smooth one like mine! Thank you, Dr Wong. I was in good hands.

 And by the way, "D & C" stands for "Dilation and Curettage". To dilate means to enlarge the opening of the cervix and to curette means to scrape the lining of the uterus. Ouch!!!!   if that sounds painful, it is!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

!!!
You had a failed pregnancy?
i know so little about people

MK Loo said...

that's because you were not born yet. it was in the early 90's four years before Jenn Lin was born, I lost the baby in my third month, same doctor did the D&C for me, at that time he was Associate Professor at University Hospital KL.

Ryan said...

=( i wonder what it would be like to have another cousin 3 years older than me
girl or boy?

MK Loo said...

embryo aborted and disintegrated, coming out in pieces before gender could be determined. Then you would not be the oldest among Ely, Laeti and Jenn! NVM you have a lot of older cousins on your father's side.