Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

12 June 2010 G Hotel

In Penang we stayed at the G Hotel.....chic and avant garde, definitely not your run-of-the-mill hotel

Photos courtesy of the web

Me! Trying to pose like a model......this is the first time ever we do not have any of the 3 kids with us!!!
We were not aware of this sign!!! So we had a hard time trying to find the hotel at first.
The "g" logo was too easy to miss!!!
Our fantastic welcome drink...only it is not a drink but four cups of ice-cream!!! (Black Sesame and
Cassata Siciliana...whatever that is)

The lobby that hubby mistook for the bar
that's not me, that's a real model
I bought the mugs on display in the cabinet
the most spacious room I have ever seen









ensuite bathroom had both a shower and bath and all glass doors
no time to use this bathtub with a view, as we had to get ready now for the reunion.
the view downstairs
well stocked bar with soft drinks that you can take home


toiletries was Aigner
I used this designer cream to remove my mascara and eye makeup after the reunion party.


the next morning we took a leisurely stroll to the breakfast venue: G Cafe
his choice

my choice : excellent mee

no, this is for illustration, from the website.
my "power" porridge had double of everything: two salted egg wedges, two century eggs, yau char kwai, peanuts and canned dace!!!!

I packed these almonds and pecan nuts


so nice!!!!
best breakfast ambiance, I thought of my eldest when I drank pink guava juice...her favourite.

then we walked outside, me with my precious pecans and almonds

I don't know how we missed this "g" when we were looking for the hotel!
doesn't it look too busy, and camouflaged with the surroundings?

Gurney Plaza is joined to its hip
Gurney Place is a stone's throw away, I think my cousin stays here.

healthy activities in the morning like cycling


and reading newspaper on the kerb!

then we checked out the pool!
Infinity drop pool!!!
At least I did not read newspaper on the sidewalk!

He is looking at the wooden flooring and wondering whether he can do the same thing for his balcony

spa like cubicles
any moment I expected a Bali girl to  pop out to give me a massage
fully equipped gym that we could only gawk at, no time...had to meet up with the rest of the gang for the heritage walk and nyonya lunch!
I brought a piece of G Hotel home....

I had the luxury of bringing all these pairs of shoes!!!


I bought the G jute bag and mugs.....to remind me of too short stay at G Hotel!!!!!

No comments: