Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

E&O Hotel in 1995 and 2010

In Penang for the doctors' reunion, we had the dinner at the E&O Hotel, at the room called the 1885.  The next morning we met there again to gather for our walkabout heritage tour.  It gave us a good opportunity for some Kodak moments because many, many years ago, in 1995, when the two big ones were young, we stayed at the E&O!!! 












 
Now







 then (In 1995)





 my two small kids walking on the beach frontage in 1995












 zoom to the present: the skyline now

 those houses you see in the above picture has been left to ruins



 dilapidated, abandoned and condemned.




My two adorable bigger children! Way before my youngest was born!!! I am so blessed!!!



 the very cannon that my kids sat on
I was told this stretch got pounded by tsunami waves in 2004
 it has since been repaired, and I caught this lady sunning herself

we are now aging and alone
 we really prefer to travel and holiday with our children!
















 
now, we travel with oldies!!!!

 
Bye!! E&O Hotel will always be beckoning you!!!

4 comments:

Sue Lin said...

Prefer travel with the kids? Really? Even the two biggies like bro n i?

Wasnt i a handful? And we fought so much! And complain so much

Even little J is quite a big girl already

MK Loo said...

Yes! Everytime I see something, I will say "Sue, Ken, Look!!" but S and K are not there!

All the fighting and bickering is part of the fun!! Besides, I always get the last say....I am the Mommy!

J has not been to most of the places you two have been!

Sue Lin said...

Hhaha take pix and Sue will look on ur blog okay

Learnt to live without us la, u two are gonna be retired n travelling everywhere while we have to start our working life and commitments already

MK Loo said...

then we bring jenn everywhere with us lor....