Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Eating in Johor Bahru

While on a road trip to Singapore for the wedding,
we decided not to eat at the Highway Stops but to 
go off the beaten track at Johor Bahru to have our meals.


 We drove into Pelangi Garden and stopped at a random
stall and had this excellent wanton mee: spicy!
 Also had swee kow soup!
 Tables were set alfresco and things were rather quiet
Later, at the wedding, Principal Gan told us that
Johor Bahru is full of thugs!

Rough looking men with tartily dressed women (reminded me
of the bar girls in Batu Pahat night clubs when I was young)

 This is the wantan mee stall, he prepared it in front of you.
 Initially I had only wanted dumpling soup,
but on seeing the wantan mee, I also had a bowl,
I did not regret it!
On our way back, we had lunch here.

Quite simply: Ah Meng Kueh Teow

So delicious! Took a long time to come
but worth the wait! Dried noodle with generous slices of meat
and minced meat.

with soup: seaweed, liver, kidney

and fish slices! Yummy soup too!

In contrast, he had plain chap fun!

I did not know it, but he gave me the Medium: Pork, Liver,
Fish, Kidney, because I paid 8 ringgit for it.

This is the shop....seems to be popular, because there was a long queue!

No comments: