Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Leaving Jakarta

This is the lobby of Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua

 We are going to leave the hotel and the capital city of Indonesia
 So I went out to take some shots of the hotel while waiting for our hosts to come take us
 Jenny outside the Novotel, 
 it is part of a shopping complex in Mangga Dua
 We did some last minute shopping and I bought a dress, a Christmas dance outfit and undies
 I even had a foot massage!
 Traffic to the airport!
 Because of the jam I had the time to take photos of the itinerant peddlers
 and small roadside hawkers
 Youths weaving in and out of traffic to earn an honest buck
 this one was selling pull out posters...
 demonstrating his radio controlled plane
 risking life and limb


 I bought miniature bicycles for Rp100,000..this one is "boy" one


and this is "girl "one, Jenny wanted a pair of boy and girl bikes,
so I sold her mine
 All are clamouring to buy bicycles and trishaws too!
 He even went back for more stock!!!


 And we thought he had left his bicycles with us without paying

 a trishaw costs slightly more, later we saw the same thing at the airport and they cost a bomb!

 the airport
 will I be back?
good bye, Jakarta.....

No comments: