Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Robbed in Publika

A victim posted this up:-
Dear friends, I would like to share what happened to me yesterday evening as I do not want this bad incident to happen to anyone else. I heard of a lot of case about people being robbed, snatched and kidnapped in past few months and it's getting bad in the last few weeks. Just last Friday, a girl got kidnap...ped in front of Publika Shopping Complex in Solaris Dutamas. My friends warned me as I'm working there and I even told people about this case so everyone will be alert for their own safety.

But who knows, I'm the next victim. I got robbed and almost got kidnapped in my office at Solaris Dutamas / Publika. It happened about 3.45 pm when I wanted to pay my parking ticket at Basement 7 as the nearest autopay machine was down the basement. A Bangladesh guy - dark skin, short, proper office dressing went in the lift with me. He looked like he is lost and not sure which level to go to. I wasn't smart enough to figure out something is wrong as all the visitor who came to Solaris Dutamas / Publika will be confuse as the layout of the building is complicated with minimal signage to indicate the location.

When the lift reached level B7, I went out and I saw him walk out to the parking lot so I think he left. Just straight after I entered the last piece of note to the machine, and get the ticket, that guy came behind me and grab me to the emergency staircase exit. He dragged me up the stairs trying to bring me somewhere. When I was being dragged, I noticed I was "half conscious" still thinking what is happening - I think I was really panicked. After a few seconds, I know this is really happening to me. I screamed my lungs out, kick and do whatever I can to release myself. I screamed really loud and struggled to escape.

He then snatched my wallet from me that's when I felt he is losing his grip a little bit then I run for my life. I saw a panic button outside the lift and I sound it. No one actually came to rescue. I ran out to the parking and saw 2 workers doing some work there and I ran towards them and ask for help.

I'm lucky enough in fact very very lucky to escaped unhurt, he just took my belongings and left me some bruises on my hands and legs. I went to management office to do report and so fortunate the CCTV footage was clear. And guess what? THE ROBBER IS ACTUALLY WORKING IN ONE OF THE CAFE IN PUBLIKA. The police have all his information, but unfortunate he packed and left his hostel. So he is still out there.

Everyone who is reading this, females or males just have be careful, watchful and aware because you won't know if you're being watched, spotted or tagged. When this thing happened, don't think about your valuables or fight with the robbers. Just think of how to get yourself out of that situation.

Thanks and Regards,
Sinn Yi, Chen

Financial Analyst
GMU STG Expense –System X, Platform Computing, OIOC


Thursday August 2, 2012

Bangladeshi sought over Solaris mall robbery



KUALA LUMPUR: Police are looking for a Bangladeshi in connection with the robbery of a financial analyst at Publika in Solaris Du­ta­mas here.
Sing Yi Chen, in her 20s, was lea­ving the basement car park lift when she was grabbed from behind by the man.
He then dragged her towards the emergency staircase exit and snatched her purse.
City CID chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Ku Chin Wah said police had identified the man as a part-time cleaner known only as Robiel (pic), also in his 20s.
“We believe he was staying together with several other foreign workers in the area, but he has since disappeared,” he said at the city police headquarters yesterday.
He said police had acquired CCTV footage of the man and urged anyone who has seen him to call the police hotline at 03-2115 9999 or the nearest police station.

No comments: