Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sri Nirvana Banana Leaf Lunch

After my mani and pedi at Sommerset, I went to
to Sri Nirvana for lunch as I saw many people at the sidewalk
or rather 5 foot way

Sri Nirvana Maju @ Jalan Telawi Tiga

Jalan Telawi Tiga, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur

SpecialBanana Leaf Rice
AddressNo. 43, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur 
(opposite Bangsar Village II)
ContactTel: 03-22878445
AmbienceCozy, Casual
AttireCasual
Good forFamily, Group

 first a banana leaf was slapped on my table
 then one of the many foreign workers came with a pot of rice and gave me some
 next he dished out three types of vegetables
 I supposed they came with the whole package
 ready with a pose for me
 then he came again with three types of curries: fish, chicken and dhall
 then, he came with chillies: glazed whole chilies and sour cream long beans
 there! a meal in itself, but I had pre ordered fish!
 close up of the whole chilies and long beans
 chicken curry and fish curry mixed together because he said the boss won't allow separate plates like I requested.  Small bowl of sour soup 
 my fish, papadum and drink came
 ikan tenggiri (mackerel) that costs more than the main vegetarian set meal
 Isn't that a bit too much for one person? 
the vegetarian set itself would suffice for me
 crowded: even though it was already 3 oclock!
 even though it was busy, one of the owners(maybe the son)
came to serve me quickly, asking me whether I had placed my order.
unlike other busy joints which are too busy they do not
care if you patronise their place or not
 close up of the vegetable dishes: okra in deep fried crispy batter: my favourite
 cabbage in santan with carrots and sawi seeds (mustard leaves seeds)
 cucumber in salad dressing
 I had a table to myself but not for long, a couple came to sit at my table, due to lack of space
 do join me, so I don't have to eat alone, won't you?
 I did not use my fingers, I asked for fork and spoon
 I also asked for a refill of the long beans
 finished! I "ta- paued" the fish and papadum, (doggy bagged them)
The couple who took my table: they had double of the fried fsih and had an additional
double serving of fried crispy sotong (squid)
Restoran Sri Nirvana Manju Sdn Bhd
My bill: expensive for vegetarian rice
and a piece of fish!
Got this from the net:

Description
A South Indian restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a coffee-shop setting as well as al-fresco dining on the corridor. Famed for it’s banana leaf rice. 

Service in this place is good. The waiters are attentive and always eager to please.
Price  NOTE: ALL THESE ARE OLD PRICES!!!!!
Banana leaf rice meal (RM5.50), Now RM7,00 Deep Fried Calamari (RM 18), Chicken Masala (RM4), Lamb curry (RM5), Sambal Egg (RM1.50 each), Maggi Goreng (RM4), Fried Fish/ Chicken (RM5). 

mango lassi (rm5) 

Fried Squid (RM10), Pepper Masala Chicken (RM5) 

Fried Tenggiri (RM5), NOW RM8 !!!!! Deep Fried Calamari (RM10), Teh Panas (RM1.20), Fried Chicken (RM3)
 
Food
An assortment of vegetables, pickles, a selection of curry dishes such as Rice Meen Curry (Fish Curry), Koli Curry (Chicken Curry), Dhal (Boiled Lentils)and papadum (Indian Crackers), Tosai and Roti Canai. 

fried chicken & tandoori chicken, fried calamari, fried sotong 

An assortment of vegetables, pickles, a selection of curry dishes such as Rice Meen Curry (Fish Curry), Koli Curry (Chicken Curry), Dhal (Boiled Lentils), fried chicken & tandoori chicken, fried calamari, fried fish, sambal egg & lamb curry, Tosai, Roti Canai, Maggie Goreng 

Rawa Thosei, Masala Thosei, Ghee Thosei
 

1 comment:

Sue Lin said...

Mommy!!! I asked Stephen to come look at the pictures and i described it to him, read out a bit of your texts! He says "it looks well good" and i Told him i'll bring him to eat that one day =)