Went for my favourite acitivity: Cooking workshop
This time it is sponsored by Leggo's and the chef demonstrator was Marina Mustafa
Rep from Her World giving her address, and guess who the little superheroine in front is!!
Her cute daughter dressed in full regalia as Captain America complete with helmet and shield!!!My beautiful neighbour who booked the seat for me (in green) is helping Marina
done!! the first dish!
Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Recipe: 20 fresh mushrooms, 1 tsbsp butter, 1 1/2 cup minced chicken,
1 1/2 bottle Leggo's Carbonara1 tbsp paprika
clean mushrooms, remove stem, chop until fine
saute minced chicken and chopped mushrooms stems
stir in leggo's carbonara pasta sauce
spoon mixture onto mushroom cap, bake for 15 mins at 180 degrees C oven,
sprinkle paprika before serving.....easy?
Next: Pin Wheels Pizza
Marina's daughter helps to serve what she has cooked to us for sampling
3rd dish: Tuna Quesadilla
4 flour tortillas
1 can tuna flakes in water and drained
4tbsp Leggo's Napoletana Sauce
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
1 1/2 tsp butter
1. place one flour tortilla on a board and spread Leggo's Napoletana sauce on it
2. Top with flaked tuna, cheese and spring onion, cover with tortilla and spread with butter
3. Heat a table grill and toast tortilla until light brown on both sides, cut into wedges
4. Serve with Leggo's Napoletana sauce on the side as a dip.
4 th dish: Coconut Chicken Tenders with Spicy Mango Sauce
1/2 bottle Napoloetana sauce,
1 ripe mango, peeled seeded amd chopped,
2 tbsp chopped cilantro, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground chilli pepper,
11/2 cup dessicated coconut, oil 350 grams chicken breasts cut int thick strips
1. beat eggs with oil and season with salt dip chicken strips into egg mixture, coat with coconut
2. deep fry for 2 minutes until coconut is golden brown
3. pour half the Leggo's sauce into a bowl, mix in the chopped mango, cilantro and ground chili pepper
4. serve spicy mango salsa with the coconut chicken tenders.
Then we had served buffet style food: chicken pies
me with Marina, the chef
in the bag you can find this recipe booklet
our goody bag (cooler bag)
inside: full sized Leggo sauces, recipe book with the above dishes, Her World December, and a pasta drainer
Tomato sauce, Bolognese, Carbonara
Napoletana, Pasta Bake and Tomato Puree
Her four demo dishes are inside here
I got the second book "Love Italian" from the Q and A session.